[BPL] BPL Reporter: April 2011

celise at beau.org celise at beau.org
Fri Apr 1 14:22:55 CDT 2011

BPL Reporter

April 1, 2011

The BPL Reporter is an email service provided by the Beauregard Parish
Library to keep you updated on all of the happenings in your community and
at your library.  If you would like to make any contributions or have any
comments, please submit your ideas to BPL at beau.org.  Items sent to the
newsletter will be monitored and potentially edited for length and
content.

National Library Week

The Beauregard Parish Library is joining thousands of libraries all over
the country in celebrating National Library Week (April 10-16th).  In
celebration, the DeRidder branch will be hosting a luncheon on Monday,
April 11th, from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.  Everyone is invited to join us as we
celebrate our community and our library.

All branches of the Beauregard Parish Library will also be celebrating by
handing out prizes to randomly selected patrons.  Stop by for your chance
at a prize!

Art Contest

During the month of April, the Beauregard Parish Library staff members are
 accepting entries into our first Book Cover Art Competition!  To
participate, children and teens ages 0-17 need to design a book cover for
their favorite book (fiction or non-fiction).  The artwork must be on an
11x17 or smaller piece of paper, poster, or cardboard.  All entries will
be displayed in the library and votes for the most creative and funniest
entries will be taken at the end of May during registration for our summer
reading program.  The winners will receive exclusive SRP and TRP prize
packs.

If you have any questions or would like more information on these or other
upcoming events at your library please contact

Celise A. Reech-Harper
Youth Programming and Public Relations Coordinator
Beauregard Parish Library
337-463-6217/800-524-6239

"I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about
the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be
tested by how well we support our libraries."  ~Carl Sagan, Cosmos