[BPL] Upcoming Events at Your Library

celise at beau.org celise at beau.org
Fri Aug 31 13:00:22 CDT 2012

As the weather, hopefully, begins to cool, events and resources at your
Beauregard Parish Library are heating up.  This exclusive newsletter, just
for Beauregard Parish Library patrons, gives you a glimpse at upcoming
programs, new releases, and opportunities for participation in brand new,
exciting community events.

September 2012

We are celebrating National Library Card Sign Up Month during September.
Stop by any branch of the library, and bring a friend, to get the smartest
card around.  Your library card entitles you to books, newspapers,
magazines, databases, Internet access, programs, special events, and more.
 Also, show your library card whenever you visit the DeRidder locations of
Checkers, Domino's Pizza, and Jouban's Sazzi Girls to receive exclusive
discounts during the month of September.

In celebration of National Library Card Signup Month, on Saturday,
September 8th, patrons of the Beauregard Parish Library are encouraged to
join us in the media room as we record a video detailing all of the
entertainment and education options available at the library. Participants
will each be given a thirty second spot on the video to talk about library
experiences and hopes for the future of the library. This video will be
made available to the public via Youtube and will be looped on the
library’s videowall.

The Beauregard Parish Library has also been working hard to make changes
that suit your needs.  We have a brand new location in Hyatt.  Stop by on
Fridays, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. to pick up weekend reads or movies.

The DeRidder branch now offers a crafts-to-go station for older children
and teens.  Located near the newspaper rack, this station is supplied with
all of the necessary materials and instructions to make one of three
monthly crafts.

So, stop by your local branch today to see what your library has in store
for those who hold the smartest card around.

Comments, questions, and recommendations are always welcome.  Please
submit them to programming at beau.org or call 337-463-6217,

Thanks and happy September!

Celise A. Reech-Harper
Programming and Public Relations Coordinator
Beauregard Parish Library
337-463-6217/800-524-6239

"I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about
the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be
tested by how well we support our libraries."  ~Carl Sagan, Cosmos