[Emergency-response] Re: Update Emerg Response

CURTILES at aol.com CURTILES at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 09:32:43 CDT 2005

Sat. Oct. 1  Dry Creek, LA
Friends-

Greetings from Dry  Creek!
We have so much to be grateful for... In spite of no electricity  and little
water, we are thankful for so many things. In spite of so many trees  blown
down by Rita, we have very little structural damage.

Most of all we  are thankful to God that no one was injured during the storm.
Over 350  Katrina/Rita evacuees were in cabins during the storm.

Most of our  evacuees began leaving last Sunday when it was clear that
electricity/water  could be weeks away. Our remaining evacuees [about 50 from
Cameron (Rita) and  New Orleans (Katrina)] were offered the services of Judson
Baptist Assembly  north of Baton Rouge. We took a caravan of 15 there with the rest
of our  evacuees heading to other chosen points.

We have officially closed the  camp for the next week. (We will re-open on
Monday, Oct. 10.) Having been a  shelter since August 27 has been the most
rewarding yet exhausting experience of  our lives.

Beginning on Oct. 10 we will be in a camp cleaning mode. If  you'd like to
help, come join us. Please call ahead (337 328 7531) so we can  plan to
accommodate and feed you.

On Sat. Oct. 15 we will have a camp  wide cleaning day. Come with your rakes,
gloves, pruners,and trailers. It will  be a fun and productive day.

During the week of Oct. 17-21 we will be  hosting our yearly La. Campers on
Missions work week. Our goal is to be back on  projects including the
Tabernacle by that time. "C. O. M. " as we call them are  the best friends Dry Creek
has. Come by and help that week if you
can.

Many of you have asked what we need. We can honestly say that  God has
supplied our every need as he promised in James 4:19:
"...But my God  shall supply your every need in His riches from Christ
Jesus."

Curt  Iles
Dry Creek Baptist Camp
PO Box 580