[Emergency-response] Can we enter names of survivors

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Sun Sep 4 08:52:03 CDT 2005

Someone brought a list of people who are in our shelters to the
Library.  These names are not in the Red Cross or any of the other
databases.  We have volunteers who would love to start entering them.
Does anyone know if there are any privacy issues?  Do we need to ask
each person for permission or can we just start entering them?

Right now what we are doing with the list is offering to take a message
to the appropriate shelter if the name the caller is asking for is on
our list.

--
Vicki Reeves, Info Tech Dept          http://beau.org/~vickir
Beauregard Parish Library             http://library.beau.org

In a world with no borders or fences, who needs gates & windows?