[Lswtalk] Test

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Thu Sep 25 09:38:59 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 07:53 -0500, Jeanne A. Essmeier wrote:
> Test.  Exactly who is on the current "talk" list?  Was putting out
> brush fires yesterday afternoon....just now catching up.

Hi Jeanne, Do you know why ducks have flat feet?  The answer is at the
end of the email.

Anyone who knows about the list can request membership.  I'll ask the
list if membership is requested by someone who does not seem to be an
LSW participant (i.e. prolificmailer at spamcannery.ro).  If the group
wants tighter rules on membership I'm sure we can work something out.

The usual method for making a new mailing list is to email everyone
invitations to join.  The people who receive and actually realize that
this is an invitation (as opposed to yet another spam) and return the
invitations with the subject header intact become members.    To make
things simpler for our members I started the list by looking at the
address blocks from some of the emails that LSW members have exchanged.
Since then I've added 2 because a list member pointed out that they were
missing.

The usual way to subscribe to a list or to get off a list will work but
you can also email me.  I set it up in a way that allows me to add or
remove people without depending on the usual "send an email to" rules.

Here's the current list.

Celese Harper - (Beauregard's new Programming/Promo person)
Charlotte Trosclair
Jeff Rippel
Erin Chesnutt
Howard Coy
Helen Curol
Jeannie Essmeier
Karen Teigen
Lilly Smith
Loretta Gharst
Linda LeBert
Mary Sherwood
Mary Glasso
Mary Foster
Nancy Khoury
Corinne Pearce
Trudy Patterson
and me

Ducks have flat feet from stamping out forest fires.
Know why bears have flat feet?
Stamping out flaming ducks.
I'm so glad you came through the brush fires like a bear!

--
Vicki Reeves
vickir at beau.org

Find thoughts that feel good, because it is inevitable that you are
going to always be moving toward something. So why not be moving toward
something that is pleasing? -Abraham Hicks