[Lswtalk] Re: Oct. mtg

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Wed Sep 30 09:18:49 CDT 2009

I'm wondering if we can have a discussion re: bibliographic instruction.
I get various age groups coming in for different reasons (boy scouts,
class trips, homeschooling families, ARC, etc.) and pretty much give
them all the same info. using only slightly different language and
examples. I feel boring and ineffective and need help. So ... do we have
a "best practices" discussion? Set up an internal / consortia workshop?
I'm open to ideas and think this is something we can all discuss
together as I'd like input from other public libraries, but think that
school and academic libraries will have some awesome suggestions for the
"instruction" part.

Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt
Admin. Asst. Librarian