[Lswtalk] BPL's paid databases

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Mon Feb 14 09:36:27 CST 2011

(and a few "others") Beauregard Parish Library currently pays for:
AmPress - American Press Online
TumbleBooks
Live Homework Help (tutor.com)  -- we pay for the hours that HomeworkLa
is offline so our patrons have 24/7 access
Grangers World of Poetry
Dear Reader Online Book Club
BookBrowse

Not currently subscribed to, but interested in getting:
Mango Languages (just finished a trial with positive responses)
Ancestry.com / Heritage Quest

Statewide databases we get little-to-no use of:
Gale Literature for Students Online
Scribner Writers Series
Twayne's Author Series

Note: there are several DB's in Ebsco's interface that I'm sure do not
get used. I don't have the data on that, though. Overall, Ebsco gets
more "hits" from our library than any other DB reported on the SLOL's DB
Stats spreadsheet.

Statewide DBs we WANT TO KEEP:
Ebscohost / & mobile interfaces (not necessarily with all DBs currently
included in subscription)
Learning Express
Newsbank (we don't get a lot of hits here, but I'm not ready to
slaughter that particular sacred cow.  Am open to other newspaper
archiving DB, though)

--
Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS