[Lswtalk] More LSW questions

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Mon Jun 13 15:06:08 CDT 2011

  A few questions to put to you guys:

1) Now that Trudy and Karen have both retired, do we still have anyone
in LSW who can, when necessary, act as "liaison" between LSW and
Bayouland?  Gerry, are you attending the Bayouland meetings for Allen PL?

2) Did ANYTHING ever come of Ted and Karen speaking with Rebecca to get
more info on what SLOL pays for our databases / getting comparison
points for what we might pay should we have to purchase individually?

3) I'm about to "take the plunge" and purchase Mango for Beauregard.
Before I do ... are any of you interested in subscribing as a group
(could be sub-group of LSW; I know some of you already have Mango)?
I do not have estimates on group prices.  All I do know at this point is
that BPL, alone, is quoted $2700 annually for over 70 language courses
(includes 15 ESL), patron support on demand, unlimited remote access,
stats, library barcode access, marketing materials, and admin. portal.

--
Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS
Director