[Lswtalk] More about lsw listservs

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Thu Sep 15 10:49:05 CDT 2011

Hi, gang!

Several additional issues have come up regarding access to our lsw
emails.  A few things to note:

1)  The 2 listservs to use are lsw at beau.org (mostly for LSW Card
notification) and lswtalk at beau.org (for other communications amongst
members).

There IS an email address you may see from time-to-time called
lsw-bounces at beau.org.  This email address should NEVER be used on
purpose.  This (and any other "bounce" address used by BPL) is a sort of
"safety net" in listserv administration for us :   All of our listservs
have a bounce feature built in that is automatically used when there is
a problem delivering or receiving an email.  If your email address is
activating the bounce email, your address will eventually be
unsubscribed from the listserv since our mailman sees this is an
indication that something is wrong with your email account.

2)  Once you fill out the page to subscribe to one of our listservs, you
should receive a confirmation email.  Your subscription will not be
complete until you receive and respond to that confirmation email.  If
you have tried to subscribe but are having problems, please check your
inbox (be sure to check your SPAM / trash folders, too) to see if you
have received that confirmation email.  If you are positive that you
have not received this email after beginning the subscription process,
please let me know so that we can determine where the hang-up lies.

--
Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS
Director