[Lswtalk] Consumer health workshop?

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Thu Apr 12 12:08:05 CDT 2012

All,

I am planning to ask the Nat. Network of Libraries of Medicine office
out of Houston to come do some training for helping patrons with
consumer health issues.  I don't have enough staff available to fill a
class, and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in sending
someone(s) to any of the following classes.  If so, please let me know
which one(s) is of most interest to you.    I'm thinking perhaps mid-May
for the workshops  (before SRP gets crazy).

Beyond an Apple a Day : Providing Consumer Health Information at Your
Library  http://nnlm.gov/training/consumer/apple/
 From Snake Oil to Penicillin : Evaluating Consumer Health Information
on the Internet   http://nnlm.gov/training/consumer/snakeoil/

Other notes:  NNLM workshops are free.   There are currently no NNLM
workshops scheduled in LA.  We could ask to do both workshops
back-to-back for one (long) day, if that makes it more worthwhile to
your staff.

--
Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS