[Lswtalk] Libraries Southwest emails

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Thu Mar 8 10:30:05 CST 2012

Hi, Anna!

Thanks again for hosting yesterday's meeting. It was great meeting you
and I'm sorry I couldn't join the group for lunch to have more time to
chat with everyone.

I wanted to send you a quick note about our email schematic so that you
can join in and stay "in the know."  I'm CCing both listservs because
other members still have some confusion about this and may benefit from
hearing this again.

What a New-Comer needs to know:
Our group started out with a single group email address, lsw at beau.org,
but quickly realized we would benefit from a second address : one for
auto-notifications about changes to LSW Card Accounts and one for
discussion amongst the members.  The 2nd address, lswtalk at beau.org, is
for discussion.  Since NSU libraries do not accept LSW cards, the
discussion group would be more suitable for you.  To subscribe, please
visit  http://beau.org/mailman/listinfo/lswtalk  and follow the
instructions for subscribing.  Afterward, you should receive a
confirmation email.  Your subscription will not begin until you confirm.

What "Old Timers" need to know*:
Think of lsw at beau.org as a Card Notification address. This is where so
many of those emails from "Nobody" go.  All who attend our meetings
and/or send out reminders and announcements  (Ms Cathy Frank comes to
mind) to the group should be using lswtalk at beau.org.  Some of you may
also wish to subscribe to the Card Notification address, if you are
involved in monitoring LSW cards at your library.

At the beginning of each month, you should receive an email from
mailman-owner at beau.org telling you which lists you are subscribed to and
your access information for those lists.

Subscribing / Uncsubscribing for lsw at beau.org  (card notifications) can

Please let me know if there are further questions.
Side note:  I'm looking into size limits of email body and attachment
sizes. More info to come...

--
Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS