[Lswtalk] Author Dinner and Database Training

Jessica Hutchings jhutchings at mcneese.edu
Thu Oct 11 10:36:29 CDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

It was nice to see you all yesterday!

First, I want to make sure that each library is aware that they need to pay for their trustees to attend the author dinner. I still have not received payment for several registrants, including:

Arnold, Paul
Boudreaux, Jamie
Danclar, Alice
Helmer, Kathy (2)
Hunt, Lisa
Morley, Gabriel
Myers, Geralyn
Rodrigue, Stephanie
Sellers, Cyndi
Williams, Erica
Zaunbrecher, Tony
Sonnier, Kay

I know that a few of the people listed above have plans to pay when they arrive. It's possible that some of the checks for the trustees have been ordered but have not made their way to my office yet. It is also possible that I am confused, in which case I will be glad to go back over my records to figure out who has paid for whom. Just let me know if there are errors on my list.

In other news, I am happy to visit your libraries to present some database training. Some suggested dates include the weeks of December 10, January 7, and January 14. I will cover the basics of reference interviews (narrowing down research question, following up, etc.), catalog searching, and database searching. I will make sure that we cover the main databases listed on the State Library's website, but if you need for me to do anything else, please let me know. I will keep my presentation under 2 hours, but if you need something different, I will be happy to accommodate.

Have a great weekend, everyone! See you Tuesday evening.

Jessica