[Lswtalk] A bit of humor

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Thu Jan 3 21:55:54 CST 2013

It's not work-related, but this made me WAY too happy to keep it to
myself. Here's a bit of light-heartedness to start your Friday!

The Hokey Pokey (In The Style Of Shakespeare)

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from Heavens yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke — banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.

— By Jeff Brechlin of Potomac Falls, Va., as part of a contest in The
Washington Post.

Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS
Director