[Lswtalk] LSW OverDrive Content Reserve- we can combine OneCopy/One User titles searchs with Metered Access titles

Loretta Gharst LGharst at calcasieu.lib.la.us
Tue May 14 14:48:07 CDT 2013

OverDrive has a new option for combining selection for titles that may be either in OneCopy/One User or the Metered Access model.  This will be very helpful to us as we would not have to duplicate a title search when doing selection.  We want to configure this change but, since it affects all the LSW OverDrive consortia libraries selectors, wanted to give you the opportunity to comment. Please send any comments you have over the next week.  Below is info about this:

Dear Library Partner,

Below is a summary of exciting Content Reserve updates released today. These features include time saving options for easy browsing, shopping, and purchasing. One new major feature is the option to merge the One Copy/One User and Metered Access sections for one shopping experience. Now you can search new adult fiction from Random House and HarperCollins at the same time!

*         There is now an option to merge One Copy/One User and Metered Access content into one catalog.

Users with the 'Preferences' permission can merge the One Copy/One User and Metered Access titles into a single catalog. This allows your library to use a single workflow for purchasing titles under these lending models, if desired.

NOTE: This preference affects how the two catalogs will display for ALL Content Reserve account holders for your library/consortium. You can change your preference at any time.

Thank you,

Loretta Gharst | Division Head Collection & Computing Services  |  Calcasieu Parish Public Library
office 337 721-7150                cell 337 515-9724                   fax 337 475-8806