[Lswtalk] Invite Vendor Demo at Calcasieu Nov. 21

Loretta Gharst LGharst at calcasieu.lib.la.us
Mon Nov 11 15:44:16 CST 2013

Thinking about replacing your current patron PC's?  Possibly moving from public desktops to zero/thin clients?  So are we.  Step one is to get educated on zero/thin clients, and how this solution compares to the traditional PC rollout we've done in the past.  We need to see how this works in relation to our existing and future network environment, and also from a cost perspective.

To assist with this process Calcasieu Parish Public Library is hosting a vendor demonstration of NComputing<http://www.ncomputing.com/>'s virtual client desktop devices and server software on November 21st.  A closer look at how it fits into the budget, how it is deployed and maintained, as well as how it performs with the library software environment will be discussed in more detail.

This is recommended for Library Administrators and technical staff.  We anticipate starting at 9:00 am and wrapping up around lunchtime.  But as long as there are questions, NComputing has agreed to stay as long as needed.  The demonstration will be held at:

Moss Bluff Library
261 Parish Road
Lake Charles, LA 70611

Agenda

1.       Cost Benefit Analysis

2.       Technical Details

3.       Hands on practice; Q/A

Please let us know if you would like to attend by emailing missi at calcasieu.lib.la.us<mailto:missi at calcasieu.lib.la.us>

Thanks,

Loretta Gharst | Division Head Collection & Computing Services  |  Calcasieu Parish Public Library
office 337 721-7150                cell 337 515-9724                   fax 337 475-8806