[Lswtalk] 9/14 mtg - Sam Houston Jones park

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Mon Oct 14 15:50:45 CDT 2013

I just spoke with the office at Sam Houston Jones State Park to get
details on reserving a meeting space for our Sept. 10, 2014 "retreat."
Here are the details:
They have one lodge that holds up to 14 people and is available for a
nightly rent fee of $160.  Check-in time is 3pm and checkout is 11am.
So, to have a day of planning and/or relaxing during our regular meeting
time, we would need to rent for two nights.  LSW can certainly afford
$320 rental fee, but I didn't want to commit us to that without talking
to the group first.

Their cabins are smaller and only hold up to 6 people each.  They do
have a pavilion or two, but they are open-air, not climate controlled,
and, I expect, encased in a cloud of mosquitoes during August and September.

I await to hear the pleasure of the group ...
--

Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS
Director