[Lswtalk] Early Literacy Readers

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Wed Sep 11 14:53:58 CDT 2013

I know Patricia and Howard wanted this information but I can't remember if
there were others.

The company I've worked with to provide newborns (& new parents) with a
take-home book is called Third Week Books out of Minnesota.
http://www.thirdweekbooks.com/

We ordered ours to have "Provided by Beauregard Parish Library" printed on
the cover. It costs a bit more, but I certainly think it's worth it! We
ordered 1,000 of the baby readers (we're on track for that to last 3
years); I haven't ordered any of the toddler readers.  Be sure to check
out the sample pages.  If I remember correctly, they may also send you a
sample book before you place an order.  It's been too long since we
ordered to remember what we paid for our order.

Their contact info is on the site listed above.  My point of contact has
always been a lady named Carol.

Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS
Director