[Lswtalk] Storyteller swap? Lend-a-librarian?

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Tue Jan 14 13:08:40 CST 2014

Ok, folks! Here's an idea to run by you:

I was just speaking with my programming director about how ridiculously
expensive it has become to bring in many of the childrens and YA
entertainers. I got to thinking that sometimes just a new face and
personality is all it takes to reinvigorate a program. SO ... what do
you guys think about finding some times to have our libraries'
story-telling staff visit another library for a special storytime.  We
get to advertise a "special guest," the kids/parents see a new
perspective on a beloved program ... it sounds like a win/win to me.

For Beauregard's part, I'd be happy to pay my own staff person's wages
for the time spent working as a guest at your library if you'd just pay
mileage reimbursement.

This could be a relatively cheap special event for SRP or, if everyone's
too busy to travel during that time, it can be a fun change-up any time
of the year! It'd take some scheduling and planning, but I think it'd be
fun. Thoughts?

--

Thank you,

Erin N Chesnutt, MLIS