[Lswtalk] Fwd: We don't have a chat feature, right? Now we do.

Loretta Gharst LGharst at calcasieu.lib.la.us
Thu Sep 29 16:21:55 CDT 2016

Good afternoon,
CPPL is adding chat service to our new website which will go live Oct.10. The chat service will also appear on our OverDrive site to assist patrons with using our Overdrive collection.
Please see email below for more details. Thanks, Loretta

You may have noticed a newly added chat feature on the OverDrive<http://lsw.lib.overdrive.com/> site. Yes, it should be there. ☺
FYI….CPPL is working with Unique Integrated Communications to offer chat services to our patrons. It will be integrated into our new website, and apparently the OverDrive programming team wasn’t too busy today and they integrated it today.

So how does it work?
“Live Chat from Unique allows libraries to engage virtual users and bridge the gap to connect with your patrons without them ever leaving the library website. It is staffed by UIC, live web chat enables real-time assistance to online customers in a format that suits their usage preferences.”

Basically the UIC staff keeps on top of our policy, information and more so that they may pass that info along to users.
Under the option button in the chat box, users may get the conversation sent to them.

Thanks, and sorry about the short notice.
Missi