[Lswtalk] Library employees?

Erin Chesnutt echesnut at beau.org
Fri Aug 4 16:36:51 CDT 2017

Hi, LSW gang!

I'm acting as Secretary for LLA this year and at our recent board
meeting, it was decided that this year we would put a concentrated
effort on increasing membership -- and making sure members get their
values worth with better communication, better new member orientation, etc.

The board wants to reach out to the non-members currently working in
Louisiana libraries to let them know what LLA has to offer and extend an
invitation to become a member.  So, if you would be so kind as to send
me a list of names of your library employees and their work mailing
address, it would be a huge help!  We're interested in non-professional
support staff, library assistants, library techs, aides,
paraprofessionals, professionals, trustees, you name it!

I appreciate any help you can offer but please make it easy on
yourself!  We'll check the list against current members, so don't feel
like you have to cull out the existing LLA members from the list, if
that's too taxing.  If you've got an existing list you'd like to send to
me, that'd be great. If not, there's a Google Sheet you can add your
staff information to at :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lg0pB7ftyR82TpiC0z0yzgWAyvvm74s821ZctlmEciw/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I'm happy to pass on to the board any thoughts of ways to improve
the LLA membership experience, association management, conferences, or
other aspects. Again, any help is appreciated!

I look forward to seeing you all next Wednesday.

--

Erin N. Chesnutt, MLIS
Director