[Lswtalk] Notice for Job Opening for Evangeline Parish

Mary Foster-Galasso mfoster2 at state.lib.la.us
Fri Jan 26 10:54:10 CST 2018

Hello everybody.  I am sending this message on behalf of our Library Board
and Board Search Committee.  Please encourage qualified applicants to go to
our webpage to find out more about the position and about how to apply:
<http://www.evangelinelibrary.org> www.evangelinelibrary.org.  Many thanks,
and I will miss you all when I retire this summer.

Best wishes, Mary Foster-Galasso

Evangeline Parish Library, (337) 363-1369; cell (337) 831-4281

Evangeline Parish Library Board of Control seeks new Library Director,
current director retiring.  Director reports to the Library Board of Control
and is responsible for all areas of library management for multi branch
parish public library system headquartered in Ville Platte.  Deadline for
receipt of applications is Feb. 28, 2018, start date of June 1st
anticipated.  Salary: $45,000 to $49,000, dependent on education and
experience.  Generous benefit package and good work environment with 501c3
Friends group and strong local support.  ALA accredited MLS/MLIS strongly
preferred; current MLS/MLIS students will be considered. Two years of public
library managerial/ administrative/supervisory experience OR two years
comparable experience in other institutions OR administrative education
(B.S. Business Administration major or minor, MBA , MPA)  required. Some
accounting/finance college level education or comparable experience
required.  Some travel required, both within and outside of the parish, plus
ability to represent library at some weekend and evening events.  Must be
available to deal with/coordinate responses to emergency situations on short
notice.  Strong written, verbal, organizational, and analytical skills
necessary.  Must be able to work and communicate effectively in writing and
speech with Board members, employees, the public, and representatives of
parish government.  Previous customer service experience or equivalent
highly desirable.  For more information on job description, desired
qualifications, and how to apply, go to  <http://www.evangelinelibrary.org>
www.evangelinelibrary.org.  Library is Equal Opportunity Employer.

Approved by Evangeline Parish  Library Board Search Committee and Library
Board of Control, Jan. 23, 2018