[Lswtalk] RE: Jessica's Request

Jessica Hutchings jhutchings at mcneese.edu
Wed Mar 21 10:24:19 CDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind messages. They mean a lot. Aunt Mickey passed away peacefully and on her own stubborn terms. I'm very grateful for that, and I am grateful she passed on the first day of spring.

Aunt Mick didn't want a funeral or even an ad in the paper...not because she was private, but because she was extremely, comically frugal. Mom and I will head to her home in north Oklahoma next week to deal with the estate.

Aunt Mick and Unclie both used their community's library throughout their lives. Mick loved true murder books, and Unclie loved detective novels. I loved being at their home because they were readers and it was always nice and quiet! I'm grateful that I had them for so many years, and I sure do miss them.

Looking forward to seeing you all next month,

Jessica