[Lswtalk] Oct 4-Professional Development Day

Marjorie Harrison mharrison at calcasieulibrary.org
Thu May 23 08:31:10 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Following is a list of topics that will be on the CPPL's Staff Development Day agenda. They are listed in no particular order; however, we were thinking about having Thomas Karam speak right after lunch. Our staff prefer Ethics Training first thing in the morning. We start the day at 8am.

  *   Managing Your Personal Brand: (Thomas Karam) This presentation focuses on helping everyone understand the importance of managing their personal brand. This practical information will help all participant when they are helping patrons or interacting with their fellow workers.  They will learn the impact of their vocal and visual delivery as well what makes for good customer service. The hope is that everyone will walk away with a few tips that they can immediately use to help improve their personal brand both at work and at home. (2hrs.)

  *   Louisiana Ethics Training (1 hour)

  *   Sexual Harassment Training (1.25 hrs.)

  *   Accident Reporting by OSHEP (30 mins.)

  *   ILS Update (1 hr.)

  *   Awards Ceremony (30 mins.)

Margie

Marjorie Harrison