[Vplmail] Library offers new service -- Download books

vplmail at beau.org vplmail at beau.org
Sat Jan 1 15:44:13 CST 2011

Vernon Parish Library Now Offers Download Audiobooks, eBooks, Music, and Video
Best-selling and classic titles available anytime, anywhere

The Vernon Parish Library has expanded its services with audiobooks, eBooks, music, and video, available to download from the library’s website. Library card holders can check out and download digital media anytime, anywhere by visiting http://www.vernon.lib.la.us beginning Jan. 5, 2010.

Users may browse the library’s website, check out with a valid library card, and download to PC, Mac®, and many mobile devices. Users will need to install free software. For audiobooks, music, and video: OverDrive® Media Console™. To read eBooks, users will need Adobe® Digital Editions. Titles can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including iPod®, Sony® Reader™, and many others. Some audio titles can also be burned to CD to listen on-the-go. Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!

“We are happy to provide this service for our patrons in addition to the many other services, which include audiobooks, videos, Federal and State Documents, Genealogy, historical photos on our Flickr website, programs and much more,”  said Howard Coy, Library Director.

This new service, powered by OverDrive, is free for patrons with their Vernon Parish or Libraries Southwest Library card. To get started downloading audiobooks, eBooks, and more, visit http://ww.vernon.lib.la.us and click on the OverDrive link.

About OverDrive
OverDrive is a leading full-service digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, music, and video. We deliver secure management, DRM protection, and download fulfillment services for hundreds of publishers and thousands of libraries, schools, and retailers serving millions of end users. OverDrive has been named to the EContent 100 as a company that matters most in the digital content industry. Founded in 1986, OverDrive is based in Cleveland, OH. www.overdrive.com

Howard L. Coy Jr., Director
Vernon Parish Library
1401 Nolan Trace @ Abe Allen Drive
Leesville, LA 71446