[Vplmail] Old-Timer's Day Program

vplmail at beau.org vplmail at beau.org
Sat Jan 29 15:41:05 CST 2011

The Vernon Parish Library will host a special event Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2011 from 2-5 p.m., Old -Timer’s Day. A brief program will be held at 2 with John Crook, Vernon Parish Tourism Director. This event will be held in the Library’s meeting room.
The Library will have on display items from the Library’s Archive Collection. Refreshments will be served.
Come and share memories. The public is asked to bring old photographs and documents related to Vernon Parish. If you would like to donate any of these to the Library’s Archives, to help preserve the history of Vernon Parish, the items will be preserved carefully for future generations. If this is not possible, the Library would like to scan them while you are here and return the original to you. The Library’s copy will be posted to our FLICKR web site (www.flickr.com/photos/vernonparish) and a printed copy in the Archives. Over 4,000 items are already posted on the FLICKR website, and are viewed an average of 100 to 600 times a day.
Examples of items we are interested in preserving are:

·        We need additional School Yearbooks for our collection.
·        Photographs
·        Historical papers, i.e. deeds, land surveys, funeral programs, etc.
·        Church and School events, photos, papers, graduation programs, etc.
·        Sports
·        Fort Polk items
·        Rosters
·        Postcards
·        Political memorabilia

Sponsored and Hosted by the Vernon Parish Library
1401 Nolan Trace, Leesville, LA 71446 337-239-2027 or 800-737-2237
www.vernon.lib.la.us

Preserving the history of Vernon Parish
Ameri

Howard L. Coy Jr., Director
Vernon Parish Library
1401 Nolan Trace @ Abe Allen Drive
Leesville, LA 71446
1-800-737-2231 FAX 337-238-0666 hcoy at state.lib.la.us
www.vernon.lib.la.us
BLOG: http://vernonlibrary.blogspot.com
PHOTOS: www.flickr.com/photos/vernonparish/

"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."
-- Gerald R. Ford 8/12/74
"Lost yesterday,somewhere between sunrise and sunset, 60 golden minutes, each set with 60 diamond seconds. No reward is offered, because they are lost forever." -- Horace Mann