[Vplmail] New programs at Library

vplmail at beau.org vplmail at beau.org
Sun Jun 2 16:11:50 CDT 2013

We are pleased to announce that the Vernon Parish Library will host the Houston Museum of Natural Science "Discovery Dome" June 14. Shows are scheduled at 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. and will include Monster Trucks and Earth's Wild Ride. Kids can drive a monster truck in outer space, soar over an erupting volcano, ride down a raging river, and view the stars close up. The Discovery Dome is a state-of-the-art visual experience, with many awesome effects and a breathtaking view of earth's wonders. Please call the Likbrary and ask for Flo for more information.

The Library also has a new KIC BookEdge Scanner. You may scan documents, articles, and books free. The scanned items may be e-mailed to yourself, saved to a Thumb-Drive or printed using our color laser printer (prints are 25-cents per page). Scans may be saved as .jpeg, .pdf or searchable .pdf files.

Our Summer Reading Program and Summer Storyhours began June 1 and will end August 31. Lots of summer activities.

Thank you.

Howard L. Coy Jr., Director
Vernon Parish Library
1401 Nolan Trace @ Abe Allen Drive