[WBEL-devel] A problem about HTSL and comps-3as-0.2003 1007.src.rpm

aiic aiic@163.com
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:46:33 +0800 (CST)

Hi all!

  I've been using redhat since 7.0, and last year I began to build my own customized distribution based on redhat linux, and I found that I like doing this very much. And customized distribution based on redhat linux is very useful for me.
  When I saw the srpms of RHEL3, I began to think about building a customized distribution of chinese version( e.g. add some chinese language things, and delete many languages that will not be used ) based on RHEL3 srpms.
  Then I found whiteboxlinux. And I think that this is definitely a good thing. A good thing for all linux users.
  Though I have read through the whole 2003-November.txt, I'm still not very clear about How To Stay Legal when rebuilding a customized distribution based on RHEL srpms. Is there an ultimate solution?
  BTW, a problem about rebuilding comps-3as-0.20031007.src.rpm. When I rpmbuild -ba comps-redhat.spec on a redhat9 machine, it says "This specfile needs access to %{basedir}", and exit 1. What is %{basedir}" and Is it OK to rebuild RHEL on redhat9?

  Thanks.

  X.H.
  Beijing
网易VIP收费邮箱两周年超值优惠! 满1赠6!!           http://vip.163.com