[WBEL-devel] A problem about HTSL and comps-3as-0.2003 1007.src.rpm

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 04:40:36 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, aiic wrote:

>   Though I have read through the whole 2003-November.txt, I'm still not
> very clear about How To Stay Legal when rebuilding a customized
> distribution based on RHEL srpms. Is there an ultimate solution?

I'm going for getting rid of as many instances of "Red Hat" and pics of
red headgear as is practical, but I doubt all could be removed without
touching most of the packages in the system.  RC2 should be more than
close enough to be legal though.  RC1 could only be considered legal in
the sense it was put out to use the open source "many eyes" approach to
locating and removing trademarks within a 'group' of developers.  It will
probably go bye-bye when the final drops.

>   BTW, a problem about rebuilding comps-3as-0.20031007.src.rpm. When I
> rpmbuild -ba comps-redhat.spec on a redhat9 machine, it says "This
> specfile needs access to %{basedir}", and exit 1. What is %{basedir}"
> and Is it OK to rebuild RHEL on redhat9?

It needs many things.  First it needs a buildsys user, then it needs
several rpm macros set to point to the tree where the new distro is being
built and the version for the new distro.  See the howto page for more
details.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!