rsync mirror server out there? was Re: [WBEL-devel] WOOHOO

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:41:19 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> There is mirror.physics.ncsu.edu but that appears to be broken right now. (I
> get "ERROR: chroot failed")

Something went amok late last nite, when it automatically synced.  If you
manually poke around the ftp site it has a complete mirror, but the
whitebox directory element changed to beau.org.  I haven't heard anything
back yet but it should get fixed fairly quick unless the maintainer isn't
there today for some reason.

Just more wierd luck surrounding this release.  Here is more.  I'm up and
connected (remote) this early because we just had a 1/2 hour power failure
and the machine running the tracker is going to be out of action for a few
hours.

> P.S. - John, Any chance of fixing the reply-to on the mailing lists?  The
> current setting discourages community discussion.

It was discussed early on and the consensus was to leave forced reply-to
headers off.  I know I have accidentally forgot and left the list out of
one or two, but my fingers have adapted.  So question to the list: It has
been a week or two, leave it this way or change it?

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!