[WBEL-devel] AMD64 and IA64

John A. Tamplin jat-public01@jaet.org
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:40:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:

> For IA64 it should be just matter of _time_. That is slow box when we
> talk about compiling (IMO slow with anything :)

I have finished compiling everything that will compile from the stock WBEL
SRPMS on IA64.  I have not yet investigated any of the failures beyond a
quick perusal of the logs -- 93 failed total.  Of those, 21 did not
support ia64 architecture, 8 had some sort of compile error, and the rest
were missing dependencies.  I will keep working on it when I get some free
time, although I will not be able to actually install it on that machine.

Compiling (with MAKEFLAGS=-j3 on a dual I2 box) took about 22 hours.

--
John A. Tamplin					jat@jaet.org
770/436-5387 HOME				4116 Manson Ave