[WBEL-devel] frills for WBEL?

Rick Moran whitebox@spam.morangroup.org
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:58:22 -0500

Quoting "Hedemark, Magnus" <mhedemark@trueposition.com>:
> If you want a vanilla RHEL-like environment, don't go out of your way to
> install the frills.

The default up2date or yum conf could contain commented or otherwise
disabled references to the "frills" archives.  This way WBEL is, and remains,
just WBEL.  It is up the the admin to enable any other archives.

I like this, but I wonder about its long term increased fragmentation.
If we keep WBEL as close as possible to RHEL, then why not join up
so to speak with other parties creating third party type "frills" packages.
They should install and run on both RHEL and WBEL....  Really interested
in feedback on this one....

I certainly don't think that there is any reason for anyone to walk
away from the project because of the existance of an available
"frills" archive.

Thanks!
Rick