[WBEL-devel] /bin/su and /usr/bin/su

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:34:18 -0600

Since the web page still listed it as a problem, I'm reporting what I've found
out so far about "su" being in both /bin and /usr/bin.

The problem is in the coreutils-4.5.3-26.i386.rpm file. That is the only file
on WBEL that references either of those files, and it lists both.

The file list of WB's coreutils rpm and Red Hat AS 3.0 coreutils rpm differ
only by the addition of /usr/bin/su to WB's. (WB has that one file added.
Otherwise, they're identical.)

What's odd is that the source rpms are identical. That means it pretty much
has to be either the environment it was compiled in, or the flags it was
compiled with.

John, what did you use to compile that package? (I'm assuming rpmbuild, but I
don't know what parameters you passed it, or if you edited any of the config
files.)

I realize this is not exactly profound, in depth, research, but  I figured it
would at least save someone the half-hour or so to get this far.