[WBEL-devel] New packages

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:36:07 -0500

John Morris wrote:

>up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm
>up2date-gnome-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm
>
>Applied patches contributed by Kevin Ediger which looks like they will
>solve the complaints from up2date every run about a missing Red Hat key
>and other issues.  Everyone should give it a try with an eye to squishing
>any remaining bugs before the final release.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining, nor do I need to get this
machine up and running. In fact, it has been sitting there in the RPM
directory since I sent my original up2date message.

Notes:
This is a rc1 install. I ran all the applicable updates from the rc1
updates directory. I do not have a gui installed, only basic webserver,
mailserver, sql server and dns server stuff.

I just removed up2date-4.1.16-WB1.i386.rpm

rpm -e up2date

and installed up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm.

rpm -ivh up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm

Both succeeded.

Then running up2date -u. First I enter the config screen, press enter to
save it, I get the run rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
instruction.. I do that, and it loops right back saying to do that again.

I'm really not looking for a quick fix for this, but instead trying to
let you know that something is broken here and will be happy to do what
you suggest as the "official repair" for this issue. Yup, I'm being
anal, but trying to make sure the basics all work as they should with no
hacking required.

Thanks,
John Hinton