[WBEL-devel] export controls....

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:34:59 -0600

> i start noticen that since RHEL migration, in RHL, at lest 7.x, i
> didn't find any reference :-)

http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhl_7-3_personal_us.html
http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhl_8-0_personal_us.html
http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhl_9_per_us.html

All contain the clause.

> i thought redhat put that paragraph because it is commiting harder
> to business, and because WB is not a comercial distribution ..... i
> will fill more confortable if that paragraph  is erase, i will help
> to use WB in cuba and not to migrate to debian (debian has such
> paragraph ?)

I don't think removing the provision would be allowed.  We have to protect
ourselves.

> > Customer represents and warrants that it: (a) understands that certain of the
>   ^^^^^^^^
>
> i'm a customer?

The particular example I posted used the word "customer".  The word "user" is
used in other versions of the document.

user/consumer/customer are all the same thing in this case.

IANAL, but I believe you are in violation of US export restrictions.

.dn
--
Donavan Nelson
donavan@whiteboxlinux.net