[WBEL-devel] An "Issue" with WBEL (pun intended)

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:06:44 -0500 (EST)

John Hinton  said:
> I was just trying to install Webmin on WBEL. Turns out it looks in
> /etc/issue to discover the version of Linux and installs based on that.

http://www.webmin.com/faq.html

"When installing the Webmin RPM, I get the error message Unable to
identify operating system

This happens if Webmin cannot identify your OS by looking at your
/etc/issue file, possibly because it has been changed from the default
contents. The best solution is to install the .tar.gz version of Webmin,
which asks for the OS name and version manually."

Or one could look at the Spec file for the test and add WB to be the same
as RHEL.

--
William Hooper