[WBEL-devel] amd64 port

Jamey Fletcher jamey@beau.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:16:55 -0600

Ryan Finnie wrote:

> 9. When amd64 RC2 port is as good as i386 RC2 port, get John to sign RPMS
> for an "official" release.

I think that John is a bit concerned about signing ports he can't run &
check - we were thinking more of a "whitebox-AMD64" key, generated
separately, by the person who decides to step up and maintain the AMD64
port.  Similarly for the Itanic port, when that happens.

John'll be glad to point to the downloads, we'll be happy to run the
tracker for the BitTorrent, host a mailing list, if that works for
everyone...

Last night, when I left the Library, John was looking at four packages
that would not build as a non-root user.  He was going to take a quick
look at them to see why, compare the packages built as a non-root user
and a root user, and unless something major came up - he was going to
move the root-user built packages for the four that wouldn't build as
non-root in and drive for -final by tomorrow.  A day for the FTP mirrors
to sync before releasing the BitTorrents, and things will be moving!