[WBEL-devel] Package Keys (was Re: Open Letter...)

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:21:59 -0500 (EST)

John Morris  said:
> I would prefer if a way could be found to make up2date import some
> additional keys as needed, so outside ports could just use their own key
> for binary packages.

Could you clarify this paragraph?  From what I've seen, up2date just
relies on RPM's GPG checking which is already being used by a number of
third party repositories for Red Hat Linux and Fedora Core.  IMHO if it
doesn't come from "Whitebox Enterprise Linux" it shouldn't be signed with
the WB key.

http://freshrpms.net/packages/ (see "Getting Started")
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/install.html

Dag and fedora.us also do signing, but don't have convenient pages to link
to on how to import them (that I found).

--
William Hooper