[WBEL-devel] RHEL

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:26:08 -0500

I have heard loudly that RHEL 3 has an end of life of 5 years. I have
not heard anywhere that this will prevent them from releasing RHEL 4
during that life cycle or even 5 and 6. Past history would lead me to
believe that they will. Anybody heard otherwise? After all, we just hit
EOL on RH 7.x products... even though 8 and 9 and almost 10? were out. I
think RedHat's idea is to try to keep 3 around for as long as possible,
sort of like they did in the old days... 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 etc... instead of
these rapid from 7 suddenly to 8 and almost immediately 9 releases. I am
hearing them complaining about trying to keep up with all the releases
and trying to concentrate on one... but unless I'm missing something,
that could be a pipe dream.

John Hinton