[WBEL-devel] ia64 port

Pasi Pirhonen upi@iki.fi
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:05:01 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:47:04AM -0400, Kennie Cruz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Itanium equipment and will like to help in the ia64 port of the
> distribution.
>
> With proper guidance I can provide access to 8 machines (900MHz dual, 8GB
> of RAM and 143GB of SCSI hard disks).

It's not about the port itself. That easy like taking candy from a baby
after the i386-port has been done, it's about commitement.

If we talk about 'updated should be available after 48-72h after redhat
announces errdata' we talka bout pretty much dedicated hardware which
is just laying for building updates. At least it must have separate
disk fro building updates if used for something else and the priorities
are that 'when ever you need to build updates, that would be mandatory
usage'.

... or something like that.

I have already stated that if i would have equipment available, i'd be
available as maintainer for ia64 too. Not alone as that would be
overkill, but with some community model or something.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/