[WBEL-devel] Update: redhat in up2date kde and gnome (was: redhat in KDE...)

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:03:56 -0600

I just tested a pristine install of WBEL.  This time I used gnome and ran
up2date from the command line.

Again, it starts up asking Redhat Network Configuration (including the XMLRPC
path stuff).

.dn
From: "donavan nelson" <donavan@whiteboxlinux.net>
To: "white box devel" <whitebox-devel@beau.org>
Sent: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:42:15 -0600
Subject: redhat in KDE...

in the Red Hat Network Registration check mark on the task bar.  It looks like
a default RedHat EL install.  The click button says Register with RHN.  RedHat
in that XLMRPC path.

Eventually, it ends up in a nice up2date client with WBEL-3.0 in the channel
list.  (And the updates-released channel.)

The server must be busy because it looks like it crashed trying to download
the headers.

I changed the up2date config file for package sources and ran command line
up2date.  It seemed to be clean of RedHat.  However, it was already
"configured" by the redhat network registration tool.  Anyone know how to
"unconfigure" the RHN agent?

Perhaps the RHN agent needs to be removed from the KDE task bar is all that is
required.

.dn

--
Donavan Nelson