[WBEL-devel] x86_64 images (ready, but not uploaded)

Pasi Pirhonen upi@iki.fi
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:50:48 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:03:31AM +0100, Milan Kerslager wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 12:48:36AM +0200, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
>
> I have own port to AMD64 so if your give an access to images I'll check
> for differences. Post URL please.

I think i can say that 'the AMD64-release was withdrawn by the release
if i386'. I'll make the images nbext weekend again. As there were some
3.0 -> 3.0a stuff already, one wuold like to be extra carefull.

> I have no ISO images just RPMs beacuse I'm short of time and bussy with
> moving our servers to new AMD64 box.

I'll have those and i'll make new ones with WNEL-release SRPMS. There
isn't actually (if i remember right just now) more than 5 differen
SRPMS fr RC2. Not much anyway.

Actually there isn't much differencies at all frm i386. Just few
packages that has to get in as i386 as those doesn't compile for 64bit
yet. Exactly same applies for IA64 tho.

Yet again. I have not seen any real movement for space to upload some
test releases. There have been _talk_, but nothing conrete. Back when
i was working for university, there were no such problems :/

As i have told before (at least i should have) i haven't got my
employer on this at all yet. I'll have to talk about this later, but
it'd be next year. We're realy running out of time this year already.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/