Paul Iadonisi pri.wbel@iadonisi.to
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:57:37 -0500

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 17:29, donavan nelson wrote:

[snip]

> Which at this point I'd like to harp about Reply-To: rewriting NEEDING to be
> enabled in here to just this situation.
>
> Hit reply, it goes to the list, very simple.  Hit reply all, it's a mystery
> how many address will appear in the To: and CC: fields.

  Please, no.  This has been discussed here before.   There is a
standard for this and I'd rather see list members adjust to using the
proper reply command (ctrl-L or Actions->Reply to List in evolution, for
example).
  Mistakes happen, and yours was an honest mistake.  A polite "please
use the reply-to-list feature of your mailer" is all it takes.  Munging
Reply-To headers can result in *much* more embarrassing situations (and
in some cases, though probably not this list, liability) when you hit
your reply button and forget that it's going to go to the entire list
instead of just the one user you want to reply to exclusively.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator