donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:06:59 -0600

Here is the header from the message I replied to Jimmy with:

I've hidden the private host and user information. as well as his domain to
prevent spam bots. from getting him.  I'm sure jimmy would confirm this.

There are three instances of where his internal name (abc@fred.wilma.org)
appear in the headers.  I'm not certain which message from Jimmy you are
looking at.

====== header start ======
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:32:18 -0500
From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@kaplowitz.org>
To: donavan nelson <donavan@whiteboxlinux.net>
Cc: "John A. Tamplin" <jat-public01@jaet.org>,
   white box devel <whitebox-devel@beau.org>
Subject: Re: [WBEL-devel] patchs for missing rpms
Sender: Jimmy Kaplowitz <abc@fred.wilma.org>

>   Mailing list specific headers.  See rfc2369.  Your mail reading agent

On my todo list.  I'm sure everything in there is optional for MUA's without
even looking at it (unless it superceeds the old RFC).

> also *seems* to be doing something else wrong given that it somehow
> plopped Jimmy Kaplowitz's private email into Cc: field of your
> message when, as far as I can tell, it isn't in any of the headers
> of his message that you replied to.  Where it got it, I don't know,
>  but I would, in fact, suggest reporting this as a bug in your mail tool.

See above.  I found it, so did Reply-All in my MUA.  Nor do I believe it is
doing anything "wrong"

My MUA doesn't support Post-List either.

> > I said it one already, I'm too lazy to demangle all the names in the headers.
>
>   Well, here you are admitting that you're too lazy make sure you are
> replying to the appropriate addresses.  But you're suggesting that
> the mailing list config be changed so you can continue to be lazy?  I'm
> trying to remain polite, here, but puh-leeez.

it's a matter of convience for those of us with basic MUA's, and yours is a
typical example, you use "WhiteBox EL <whitebox-devel@beau.org>" for the list,
the stuff outside the <>'s is trash, everyone's is slightly different (mine
included), this is too much so filter through, combined with the OP name and <>'s.

> > How is in this header?
>
>   I don't know what you are saying here.

(had the wrong word, s/How/What/)

I was currious to see what was in the header of my message (how much internal
stuff was directly in the headers).  There shouldn't be any, but just to be
sure I've send an extra of this email to a remote destination.  FYI, this is
coming from donavan@shzaam.4wx.net (my mail server and webmail server).

--
Donavan Nelson
donavan@whiteboxlinux.net