[WBEL-devel] BitTorrent isos hosed (I think)

Paul Iadonisi pri.wbel@iadonisi.to
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:10:36 -0500

  Hmm, binary isos #'s 2 and 3 on bittorrent appear to be hosed.  After
almost completing (btdownloadcurses.py shows 100.0%, but still not
completed), I figured I'd copy the isos somewhere else and try rsyncing
against the ncsu mirror.  Iso 2 synced fine, but for some reason, iso 3
would not sync properly.  I assume it has something to do with some
weird interaction between an incomplete BT file and the way rsync
works.  No matter, an lftp 'reget' command did the trick for that one.
Now all my md5sums match what's on the whiteboxlinux.org download page.
  So I figure since there are ZERO seeds and 47 leeches (according to
torrentsniff -- find it on freshmeat.net), that I'll kill my BT session,
copy the isos over with the correct md5sums and restart BT so I can seed
the torrent.  No dice.  Isos #'s 2 and 3 get munged again and the
md5sums revert to these bogus values:

$ md5sum *.iso
c2c3d56b46092373a77c01efb5bb4d5b  liberation-i386-binary-1-fixed.iso
14883fed99af37e24d59ce2a6357c8fc  liberation-i386-binary-2-fixed.iso
79375ec3b128e652d3d9c5a6f9495469  liberation-i386-binary-3-fixed.iso

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator