[WBEL-devel] m5sum difference on BitTorrent files

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:16:00 -0600

I downloaded the binary BitTorrent, and ran an md5sum against the three files.

They don't match what's on the web page. (More specifically, disks 2 and 3
don't match. 1 does.)

The md5sums I got are:

c2c3d56b46092373a77c01efb5bb4d5b  liberation-i386-binary-1-fixed.iso
e73b2197a5c6892b5c7ee609c1547aea  liberation-i386-binary-2-fixed.iso
79375ec3b128e652d3d9c5a6f9495469  liberation-i386-binary-3-fixed.iso

BitTorrent claims that it is guaranteed to make flawless copies by the way it
does the copy. I tried killing the BT that I had going and starting it back
up so it would check the files. It still says what I have locally is a match
for what it sees on the server.

Could someone with access to the originals double-check the md5sums?

I'm going to download disk 2 or 3 from one of the FTP mirrors to compare, but
I only did this now because I happened to wake up - I may be asleep again by
the time it finishes. Please, feel free to beat me to finding out whether
they match.