[WBEL-devel] Stuck BT

Jamey Fletcher jamey@beau.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:46:35 -0600

*GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Ok, I restarted the client a half-hour or so ago - so hopefully it'll
finish up - in part to bump up the maximum transfer rate from here.

This is one of the potential problems, I think, with BitTorrent - it
hands out its pieces randomly, so there's a possibility that even with
more than twice the size of the file handed out by the original seed, it
might not have handed out the *complete* file once.

I think the client should make sure *EVERY* piece it has is handed out
before starting to repeat...  There's supposed to be a tool out that
will tell you how many complete copies not only have been handed out,
but also how many complete copies exist as the union of some of the
partial downloads.

This can just be *SOOOOO* much fun!

As for the wrong MD5s, I have *NO* clue!  The BitTorrent I made verifies
against the local copy I have here, coming via NFS from the same file as
the mirrors rsync from.