[WBEL-devel] BitTorrent isos hosed (I think)

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:45:23 -0600

On Friday 19 December 2003 09:34, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 10:28, William Hooper wrote:
> > Jason Dixon  said:
> > > If someone can give me a quick pointer on creating a torrent seed, I'll
> > > be happy to host from my cable modem as well.  I believe I have a
> > > working set of final-fixed (testing shortly).
> >
> > Short answer, leave the client open after you get done downloading.
>
> Normally, I would, but the seed I downloaded from had problems.  I had
> to finish disk #2 via rsync.

Just start your client up again. If you have all the files, it should check
them against the .torrent file, and once they're verified, you will be a
seed.

Of course, at the moment, figuring out whether you have "the files" is kind of
tricky, but if what you've got matches the md5sum on the web page, you should
match Paul Iodinisi's Torrent. (Which seems to be down at the moment I write
this, but for future reference...)