[WBEL-devel] RC2->fixed

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:53:33 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, John A. Tamplin wrote:

> For a machine running RC2, is there an easy way to upgrade it to fixed or
> do I have to reinstall?

Yes.  I had intended to collect changed packages together as I had done
for RC1.  Just now got around to it, now just have to wait a day for the
mirrrors to catch it.  Look for 3.0-RC2/en/upgrade/ to appear, download
everything and install.  Here is the README included:

These are the changed packages between RC2 and 3.0 [fixed].  Instead of
downloading the entire set you can just download these and upgrade.

Some packages have the same version so a forced install will be required,
but it is not clear the packages have much in the way of real differences.
Emacs and grub were built with "--define '_host i386-redhat-linux'" and
filesystem was built with "--define '__debug_package 0'" per Michael
Reddinger to cure slight differences in the files produced vs RHEL3.

And here is the list of packages, so the impatient can just grab the
individual files from the 3.0 tree:

comps-3.0.0whitebox-0.20031217.i386.rpm
emacs-21.3-4.i386.rpm
emacs-el-21.3-4.i386.rpm
emacs-leim-21.3-4.i386.rpm
filesystem-2.2.1-3.i386.rpm
firstboot-1.1.19-WB2.noarch.rpm
grub-0.93-4.i386.rpm
indexhtml-3-WB3.noarch.rpm
mkinitrd-3.5.13-WB1.i386.rpm
redhat-config-soundcard-1.0.8-WB1.noarch.rpm
rpmdb-whitebox-3.0-0.20031217.i386.rpm
up2date-4.1.16-WB3.i386.rpm
up2date-gnome-4.1.16-WB3.i386.rpm
whitebox-release-3.0-3.i386.rpm