[WBEL-devel] Fwd: Re: [WBEL-users] rhn-applet Stuck?

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:49:46 -0600

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 11:14, William Hooper wrote:
> Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] rhn-applet Stuck?
> From:    "William Hooper" <whooperhsd2@earthlink.net>
> Date:    Sun, December 21, 2003 11:55 am
> To:      whitebox-users@beau.org
>

> Found it.  Two references to redhat-release need to be changed to
> whitebox-release
>
> [whooper@whitebox rhn_applet]$ pwd
> /usr/share/rhn/rhn_applet
> [whooper@whitebox rhn_applet]$ grep -n -i whitebox-release *.py
> rhn_applet_model.py:279:            releases =
> rpm.find_provides("whitebox-release")
> rhn_applet_rpc.py:156:          if package['name'] == 'whitebox-release':
> [whooper@whitebox rhn_applet]$

After searching for and replacing 'redhat-release' with
'whitebox-release' in both files, it no longer says waiting to connect
... however I now get this error when trying to connect to a yum source:

The applet has been unable to access the following information sources
in it's last attempts:

(lists the specific WBEL mirror sources)
The mirrors exist and up2date can connect to and download from the
sources.

I purposefully have ethereal and ethereal-gnome as not updated ... the
applet shows no updates present ... but up2date pointed to NCSU and ESAT
shows both ethereal and ethereal-gnome need updates.