[WBEL-devel] RPM redhatprovides functionality

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:43:30 -0500 (EST)

So some of this didn't get posted before the release, guys, but I just got
my spare machine on Friday.

RPM still advertises the "--redhatprovides" and "--redhatrequires"
functions, but they don't work because of the directory change in
rpmdb-whitebox.

It should probably be fixed in /usr/bin/rpm/popt-4.2.1 (or equivilent) in
the next release, but in the mean time you can add "--whiteboxprovides"
and "--whiteboxrequires" functions by creating /etc/popt and inserting:

----start cut----
rpm alias --whiteboxprovides -q --define '_dbpath
/usr/lib/rpmdb/%{_arch}-%{_vendor}-%{_os}/whitebox' --whatprovides \
        --POPTdesc=$"find package name that contains a provided capability
(needs rpmdb-whitebox package installed)"

rpm alias --whiteboxrequires -q --define '_dbpath
/usr/lib/rpmdb/%{_arch}-%{_vendor}-%{_os}/whitebox' --whatrequires \
        --POPTdesc=$"find package name that contains a required capability
(needs rpmdb-whitebox package installed)"
----stop cut----

Since I know it will wrap, that should be a total of 4 lines starting with
"rpm alias" and "--POPTdesc="

--
William Hooper